BE AN ORGAN/TISSUE DONOR AND HELP SAVE LIVES!
- In Wyoming and Colorado, more than 2,600 people are currently waiting for a lifesaving organ transplant. Nationally, more than 119,000 people are waiting.
- Volunteers should not rule themselves out as potential organ and tissue donors. They should designate their decision regardless of age or medical concerns.
- Organs that can be donated are heart, liver, lungs, kidneys, pancreas and small intestine.
- Tissues that can be donated include bone, tendons, corneas, veins, valves, and skin.
- One donor can save up to 8 lives through organ donation and save and heal more than 75 lives through tissue donation.
- Almost 1,900 people in Wyoming and Colorado are waiting for a kidney and over 600 are waiting for a liver.
- In Wyoming and Colorado, 45% of those waiting for a transplant are between 50 and 64 years old.
- All major religions support organ, eye and tissue donation as an unselfish act of charity.
- To learn more about organ and tissue donation visit www.donatelifeamerica.org.
- You can register to be an organ and tissue donor by doing one of the following:
- Sign-up online through Donate Life Wyoming at donatelifewyoming.org or call (888) 256-4386.
- Say “yes” when obtaining or renewing your driver’s license at the Department of Transportation.
- Stop by the organ/tissue donation table at the Day of Giving event in May, talk to the trained volunteer manning the table, and fill out the necessary paperwork.
PO Box 192
Cheyenne, WY 82003