What is the Cheyenne Day of Giving?
We are a non-profit organization, led by Cheyenne congregations and supported by local business and community groups. Our focus is on providing an opportunity for people in the Cheyenne area to come together in an effort to help the sick and the economically disadvantaged.
Press play to see a promotional video
and 2 Doors Down for hosting us during the 4th Annual Live Generously Week!
When is the Cheyenne Day of Giving?
The 17th Annual Cheyenne Day of Giving will be held on May 13, 2022. While we hold our event annually, we fundraise all year to assist our agencies by purchasing supplies for them throughout the year.
Whispering Chase raised $800 in 2021 with their annual bake sale/raffle fundraiser. Anita presented the donation check to Greta at our May 14, 2021 event. Whispering Chase is one of many huge supporters of our year-round efforts to help eleven local agencies!
WYCO girls softball really came through by donating and volunteering at the May 13, 2021 youth event! We appreciate their support and are excited to see the youth actively seeking out ways to help the community!
How can I give?
- Drop off non-perishable food, personal care items, and craft items to be sorted and donated to these local charities according to their wish lists: Boys & Girls Club of Cheyenne, Comea House, Home Away From Home, Family Promise of Cheyenne, Magic City Enterprises, Needs, St. Joseph’s Food Pantry, Salvation Army, Safehouse Services, Unaccompanied Students Initiative, and Wyoming Coalition for the Homeless.
- Donate food items such as pasta, peanut butter, cereal, boxed meals, and canned goods.
- Donate personal care items such as regular and trial-size shampoo, conditioner, and lotion; razors, toothbrushes and toothpaste, bar soap, deodorant, and diapers.
- Donate craft items such as scrapbooking supplies, stamps, ink, paper, markers, beads, and kits.
- Make a cash donation to our year-round effort. Click on the Donate button at the top of our menu on the left and the money you send will go directly towards helping purchase items for our agencies.
- Drop off unused prescription medications for donation to the Wyoming Medication Donation Program.
- Donate gently used durable medical equipment to GoodHealthwill for use by clients who need such items and cannot afford them on their own.
- Donate used prescription eyeglasses and hearing aids to the Lions Club.
- Give blood to help Vitalant.
- If you are 18-44 years old and in overall good health, go to bethematch.org and follow the directions to register as a potential bone marrow donor.
- Register as a potential organ/tissue donor with Donate Life Wyoming.
How can I find out more or get answers to questions?
Explore the ‘About Us’ Menu up above for more information. You can also call Day of Giving Board Member Greta Morrow at the numbers listed on this page, click on “email us” to send her an email, or write to us at the address listed. We would love to hear from you!
PO Box 192
Cheyenne, WY 82003