19th Annual Cheyenne Day of Giving
MAY 10, 2024
8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Kiwanis Community House
***Thank you for a successful 2023 Event, Cheyenne!***
What is the Cheyenne Day of Giving?
We are a non-profit organization, led by Cheyenne congregations and supported by local business and community groups. Our focus is on providing an opportunity for people in the Cheyenne area to come together in an effort to help the sick and the economically disadvantaged.
Press play to see a promotional video
When is the Cheyenne Day of Giving?
The 19th Annual Cheyenne Day of Giving will be held on May 10, 2024. While we hold our event annually, we fundraise all year to assist our agencies by purchasing supplies for them throughout the year.
Whispering Chase has been a stalwart supporter of Day of Giving for many years. Not only do they hold a yearly fundraiser to encourage their residents to donate to Day of Giving, but they also open their raffle and bake sales to the public. We also have the privilege of displaying one of our Day of Giving banners on their property, and they volunteer to be a drop-off point so residents can drop off items for Whispering Chase to bring out to us at our yearly event on the 2nd Friday in May. Thank you, Whispering Chase, for helping us reach out to area residents in need!
Our Youth Event the afternoon before our annual event is a great way for teams, clubs, school groups, and youth groups to reach out to their age peers! They organize collections of food, personal care items, and/or craft items at schools, churches, or businesses, then deliver those items to the Youth Event. The youth are the ones doing all the jobs the adults will be doing the next day, and they bring huge help to families in great need.
How can I give?
The entire community is invited to give in many ways:
- Drop off non-perishable food, personal care items, and craft items to be sorted and donated to these local charities according to their wish lists: Boys & Girls Club of Cheyenne, Comea House, Family Promise of Cheyenne, Magic City Enterprises, Needs, St. Joseph’s Food Pantry, Salvation Army, Safehouse Services, Unaccompanied Students Initiative, and Wyoming Coalition for the Homeless.
- Donate food items such as pasta, peanut butter, cereal, boxed meals, and canned goods.
- Donate personal care items such as regular and trial-size shampoo, conditioner, and lotion; razors, toothbrushes and toothpaste, bar soap, deodorant, and diapers.
- Donate craft items such as scrapbooking supplies, stamps, ink, paper, markers, beads, and kits.
- Make a cash donation to our year-round effort.
- Drop off unused prescription medications for donation to the Wyoming Medication Donation Program.
- Donate gently used durable medical equipment to GoodHealthwill for use by clients who need such items and cannot afford them on their own.
- Donate used prescription eyeglasses and hearing aids to the Lions Club.
- Give blood to help Vitalant.
- If you are 18-44 years old and in overall good health, go to bethematch.org and follow the directions to register as a potential bone marrow donor.
- Register as a potential organ/tissue donor with Donate Life Wyoming.
How can I find out more or get answers to questions?
Explore the ‘About Us’ Menu up above for more information. You can also call the Day of Giving’s Board of Directors at the number listed on this page, click on “email us” to send us an email, or write to us at the address listed. We would love to hear from you!
Cheyenne Day of Giving
PO Box 192
Cheyenne, WY 82003
2024 DROP OFF LOCATIONS
Drop off locations for the 19th Annual Cheyenne Day of Giving will be posted in April of 2024–please check back!