MAY 14, 2021
8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Kiwanis Community House
What is the Cheyenne Day of Giving?
We are a non-profit organization, led by Cheyenne congregations and supported by local business and community groups. Our focus is on providing an opportunity for people in the Cheyenne area to come together in an effort to help the sick and the economically disadvantaged.
Press play to see a promotional video
and 2 Doors Down for hosting us during the 4th Annual Live Generously Week!
When is the Cheyenne Day of Giving?
The 15th Annual Cheyenne Day of Giving will be held on a to-be-determined date in 2020. While we hold our event annually, we assist our agencies by purchasing supplies for them throughout the year.
After the service, they lined up outside the sanctuary with the sign in this picture and baskets labeled “Commercials,” Patriots,” and “Eagles.” Donors could vote for their favorite part/s of the Super Bowl based on where they donated their money. We don’t know for sure which basket had the most cash, but Day of Giving is grateful for the hundreds of dollars donated in that very happy 15 minutes after the service!
Thanks to the Youth Group and leader Matt Woodard for helping us with a donation that will go toward purchases to help neighbors in great financial need! It’s donations like this one that make our year-round work of helping 11 area agencies possible!
How can I give?
The entire community is invited to give in many ways:
- Drop off non-perishable food, personal care items, and craft items to be sorted and donated to these local charities according to their wish lists: Boys & Girls Club of Cheyenne, Comea House, Home Away From Home, Family Promise of Cheyenne, Magic City Enterprises, Needs, St. Joseph’s Food Pantry, Salvation Army, Safehouse Services, Unaccompanied Students Initiative, and Wyoming Coalition for the Homeless.
- Donate food items such as pasta, peanut butter, cereal, boxed meals, and canned goods.
- Donate personal care items such as regular and trial-size shampoo, conditioner, and lotion; razors, toothbrushes and toothpaste, bar soap, deodorant, and diapers.
- Donate craft items such as scrapbooking supplies, stamps, ink, paper, markers, beads, and kits.
- Make a cash donation to our year-round effort. Click on the Donate button at the top of our menu on the left and the money you send will go directly towards helping purchase items for our agencies.
- Drop off unused prescription medications for donation to the Wyoming Medication Donation Program.
- Donate gently used durable medical equipment to GoodHealthwill for use by clients who need such items and cannot afford them on their own.
- Donate used prescription eyeglasses and hearing aids to the Lions Club.
- Give blood to help Vitalant.
How can I find out more or get answers to questions?
Explore the ‘About Us’ Menu up above for more information. You can also call Day of Giving Board Member, Greta Morrow, at the numbers listed on this page, click on “email us” to send her an email, or write to us at the address listed. We would love to hear from you!
PO Box 192
Cheyenne, WY 82003
2021 DROP OFF LOCATIONS:
Avenues Physical Therapy – 611 West 18th Street
B & B Appliance – 714 Central Avenue
First Education Federal Credit Union – 120 West Carlson
Laramie County Chiropractic – 611 East Carlson
Paramount Café- 1607 Capitol Avenue.
Pinnacle Bank – two locations – 3518 Dell Range Blvd. and 1501 South Greeley Highway
REMAX Capitol Properties – 4000 Central Avenue
Whispering Chase – 4350 East Lincolnway